Be Joyful in hope, Patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
Photobucket

Living in Jophies Jungle Headline Animator

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

They Pulled it.......

This morning we got word that 72 hours after the PICC line culture was drawn it began growing something. Unfortunately this meant the line would have to come out.

This evening the old line was pulled and they started a peripheral IV in his foot. The line itself looked horrible. I have never seen one come out looking like that. In fact I have been uneasy about that line placement from the get go. They will be culturing the tip to determine exactly which bug is growing. He will need to receive the antibiotics in this IV for 48 hours and then there will be another minor surgery to have a new PICC line placed.

I honestly thought this would be an overnight hospital stay and for the first time ever I packed "light". I came armed with only 3 days worth of clothes and other essentials. Jophie has already used up his supply of clothes. The little messy booger. LOL

At the moment the little stinker is expressing just how ticked he is at me in the form of every annoying noise he can muster up. He may not be able to talk but he sure knows how to push all my buttons. I'm holding out hope for a much calmer Jophie in the form of benedryl he was given just a bit ago. If all else fails I have his cocktail of meds at 3:00 a.m to look forward to......

Surely he'll settle and sleep by then....

For now I find myself once again in a holding pattern.

  • Waiting for the culture results
  • Waiting for him to get better
  • Waiting for him to calm down
  • Waiting for the new PICC line placement
  • Waiting to go home
  • Waiting to sleep

And so we wait.......





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read Sunday and today's posts. Yes, a mom knows. I always know when my kids are sick before the doctors can find it.

{{{HUGS}}} for you and Jophie...as well as my prayers while you wait.

Anonymous said...

Well, how dare you take off to vacation at Club Med and not invite me!!! (big, cheesy grin)

I'm sorry you feel that you didn't pack well - but maybe you were just living by faith and trusting you wouldn't be there this long! Surely that will count for something!

Seriously, soooooo sorry Jophie is growing crummy bugs in various places. I AM PRAYING for his healing and rest for both of you.

Thanks for the eBay instructions the other day. I found it right away when I followed your steps!

I thought you might want to check out this blog: http://georginabrooke.blogspot.com/ Incredible story.

Take care of yourself. ASK FOR HELP when you need it!

Much love to you and Jophie,
Alesha

Feed my Fishies