Be Joyful in hope, Patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
Photobucket

Living in Jophies Jungle Headline Animator

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Houston we have a problem......

We are home!

We actually arrived home Tuesday night. The ride home wasn't nearly as exciting as the ride to the hospital a week ago which I still need to tell you about however, I figured a Jophie update was in order. Believe me when I manage to get it all from my head to this page....It will be worth your wait. :0)

About 3-4 days into the hospital stay Jophies cultures finally spit out the info we had been waiting on. Klebsiella and Strep P. were the culprits. It seems this time those nasty bugs took up residence in his bladder/kidneys. Nice. Once the sensitivities were found they started him on Rocephine which he received via IV for the next 3 days. He was then transitioned to oral Omnicef via his Mic-key button. This is suppose to be comparable to the IV Rocephine. I'm praying it works as well.

After about 2 doses I began to see Jophie improving. The docs repeated all basic labs, cultures, X-rays several times just to make sure nothing was sneaking up on us. It's really a daunting and frustrating task to diagnose Jophie. You sit and watch him in pain knowing its "something" but what is always the question. Yes there are times its very obvious where the pain/problem is coming from yet more than not you have to play detective. It's just like treating an ill baby who can not speak or make their needs known. As his mom this is one of the biggest things(Aside from pain managment) that puts me into orbit. It's almost more than I can take at times. For the most part he has a very high pain tolerance but this time he was tasked to his limits. If only I could take away his pain. I'd gladly bear his burdens......in a heartbeat.

I do honestly feel like we are making headway even if it doesn't appear that way looking from the outside in. I liken it to a raging forest fire. To actually put out the whole fire you must begin with the small brush fires working your way to the source. For the last 6 weeks we've managed to snuff out our share of little brush fires but now its time for that raging forest fire to go pooof! See ya! Please pray with me that this antibiotic will snuff out the last of these nasty bugs.

OK we now have a plan and its working. You know what that means? Time for Jophie and I to blow this popsicle stand! And thats exactly what we did! Tammy(a dear friend and Jophies nurse) arrived to help us home. Because of our exciting adventure to the hospital we were a bit nervous about the trip home fearing it may be a repeat. It wasn't as bad but an adventure still the same! :0) I realized immediately that last I looked at my gas gauge it was dipping very near "E". Skeeery. As we crossed over from West Virginia into Ohio I'm certain my little ole van was sucking fumes to get us to the gas station! hehe.....We indeed made it and thats all that matters! Next stop was for food since we realized we hadn't eaten. Course we still couldn't eat but at least we could smell it all the way home. LOL

So, I'm driving along in my own little thoughtful world when from the back I hear.....

"Houston, we have a problem"

What? Ugh do I even want to know? Please just tell me we don't have to go back to that blasted hospital????

Tammy: UM....Do you have any chucks up there?
Me: Um yea I think I can reach them...Why?
Tammy: Well I just moved Jophie to make him more comfy and well.....there is poop coming out the top of his shorts and its on your seat too.
Me: Nice
Me: Poor little guy..I know he can't help it but UGH

I toss back a couple chucks then I hear....Ewwww!

Me: What?!
Tammy: I stuck my hand in it!

ROFL! Ok so I couldn't help it. Then we had to try and find the antibacterial gel "somewhere" in the van.

And ya know what....

We DID find it cause we are handy like that. We may have a chaotic life and things may just seem "poopy" most of the time but by golly we can find the chucks, the germ-x and anything else you please all while driving, tube feeding, medicating, suctioning, repositioning AND cleaning up poop!

In fact we can even praise him in this storm. Oh yes we can!

You ever heard of that wonderful group Casting Crowns

Aside from the fact that they have a brand spankin new CD called The Alter and the Door which is amazing in and of itself but they also have some great oldies as well! One that is still a favorite of mine.

"Praise you in this Storm" speaks so loudly of our journey.... Jophies journey

Even in the roughest spots and yes even when we're covered in poop.....
I know with all my being....Without a single doubt

We are NOT alone

God promises us in Isaiah 43:2 that "When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I WILL be with you."

Once again I have to stand on this promise and KNOW its true. I have to believe it will all my being. There is no room for doubt.

I have to Praise him even in the Storm

It's a beautiful song. You can listen to it here from my dear friends sight The Bowens

If you've not heard it I know it will bless your socks off :0)

The Words:

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen"
and it's still raining -

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away.

I'll praise You in this storm -
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn...
I will praise You in this storm

I remember whenI stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You -
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain -
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away...

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am -
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn -
I will praise You in this storm...

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth...
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth.

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are -
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.

So there! I will not let Satan steal our joy!

Now this tired momma is headed to the bed cause I still am "pooped"!
Hahaha.....Get it? Pooped!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

So glad to hear you're home!

Sorry about the "poop incident"! We had a "pee incident" just yesterday! I know though, that ours cannot compare to yours, so I won't even try to go there! LOL You win for yuckiest car incident of the week!!!! :-)

I hope you can get some good rest tonight. And WAY TOO FUNNY on the "innie" and "outie"!!!!!!

Alesha

Cathy Hengst Photography said...

Praying for you Trina and Jophie!! I LOVE that song and what an awesome thing for you to see and know that HE IS WITH YOU in this storm!! You are such a wonderful Mommy and inspiration to many!

CAthy

Candace said...

thanks for the update. sounds like all is going to be fine. Rosefine to omnicef...
just cleared up bladder for my daughter after her hospital stay for UTI....
powerful stuff.
sending good energy!

Josi said...

This was beautiful. we all have poop, though some have more than others, but there is always someone in the front seat with chucks and purell if we look around to see Him.

Beautiful, and best of luck to you both.

Anonymous said...

I began reading your post and praying for healing for Jophie. I continued reading and laughed through the poop. I read further and cried as the song and lyrics you shared renewed my spirit. And then I LOL again at your "pooped" self going to bed.

I don't think you realize what a source of strength and inspiration you are to me. You and Jophie are blessings to the world. As always, thank you for your words to me tonight.

Prayers and hugs for you and Jophie, always.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Sounds like things are going to be okay. I'm so glad.

Feed my Fishies